On 14 October 1968, upon the initiative of then Ambassador Delfin R. Garcia, the Philippine Government purchased the land and building located at No. 125 Laan Copes van Cattenburch. This was to be the permanent site of the Chancery of the Philippine Embassy.
The building, located at the prestigious Archipel District, is a three-storey edifice with a basement built in 1871-1872 in the style of eclectic French architecture, designed by Architect J.H. van Sluijters. It has thirteen (13) rooms, some with rich interiors. There is a spacious parking area at the back of the building.
Because of its architectural and historic value, and its location in the middle of the symmetrical group of three important mansions in a famous street built in the 19th century, the building was declared a historical landmark by the Municipality of The Hague in May 1990.