Filipino permanent residents abroad are exempted from paying travel tax when they enter and leave the Philippines in less than a year. However, the exemption will only be granted if the Filipino permanent resident presents a Travel Tax Exemption Certificate to the concerned authorities.
The Philippine Embassy does not issue travel tax exemption certificates. Travel tax exemption certificates may be secured in the Philippines at the following offices:
- Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA) Main Office located at DOT Building, Agrifina Circle, Rizal Park, Manila (with tel. no. 521-7141; 523-5697; 523-2903)
- PTA Travel Tax Counter at the Departure Lobby of NAIA 1, 2, and 3 (apply before checking in)
- PTA Travel Tax Provincial Offices (please check the office nearest you on PTA’s website www.philtourism.gov.ph/ttax.html)
Requirements for travel tax exemption:
1. Current passport
2. Proof of Permanent Residence, e.g. residency permit (verblijfsvergunning regulier onbepaaldetijd) issued by the Dutch government
3. Roundtrip airline ticket
Fee: PhP 500.00
Note: Filipinos who are not yet permanent residents of Netherlands (e.g. verblijfsvergunning regulier bepaalde tijd, etc.) may avail of the travel tax exemption privilege under the Balikbayanprogram provided they have been living continuously in the Netherlands for at least one year.
Filipinos working in the Netherlands may also avail of the travel tax exemption privilege provided they present the additional documentary requirements:
- If hired through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration, a valid Overseas Employment Certificate issued by POEA
- If directly hired abroad, a Certificate of Employment issued by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in the place of hire or an employment contract legalised or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate.
For Filipino missionaries assigned to the Netherlands
In addition, as per Section 2d of Presidential Decree No. 1183 as amended, Filipino missionaries assigned abroad may avail of the travel tax exemption when returning to their assignment from a visit to the Philippines. To avail of the exemption, they should submit a Certificate of Employment issued by the Embassy stating that they are working as missionaries in the Netherlands. The exemption is valid only for travel to their place of assignment in the Netherlands.
For further information on travel tax rates or travel tax exemptions please contact:
Philippine Tourism Authority
R. 117, DOT Bldg. T.M. Kalaw, Rizal Park, Manila
Telephone: (+632) 525-3029; 524-7734; 524-7141 local 100 / 103 / 109