The Embassy of the Philippines will forward the Report of Death (ROD) to the National Statistics Office (NSO) in the Philippines. The NSO-certified Death Certificate may be  retrieved in the Philippines three months after the date of filing of the Report of Death at the Embassy.  Always keep a personal file copy of the Report of Death.


  1. Duly accomplished Report of Death form.
  2. International Death Certificate from the Gemeente showing the name, age and nationality of the deceased person, as well as the place, date and cause of death, as certified by the attending physician.  The Death Certificate should first be legalized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (present original and submit photocopy)
  3. Photocopy of Philippine passport.
  4. If the remains or ashes of a Filipino national are to be returned to the Philippines for interment purposes, the following documents, with their English translations, are required for the issuance of a Consular Mortuary Certificate:

A legalised/notarized Certificate issued by the Mortuary/Funeral Director, stating that the body was properly embalmed/cremated in accordance with internationally accepted health practices; that it is in sanitary condition consistent with existing standards for overseas shipment; and that the casket/urn has been hermetically sealed and contains only the remains of the deceased (original and photocopy).

A Certificate of Non-Contagious Disease issued by the proper health authority, stating that the deceased did not die of a contagious disease or that the remains to be shipped did not originate from a place contaminated by a contagious disease (original and photocopy).

A Transit Permit (Laissez-Passer) issued by the proper health or relevant authorities at the place where transportation begins (original and photocopy).

If death was under mysterious circumstances, a Police Report (original and photocopy)an Autopsy report (original and photocopy) and a Removal Permit from police or relevant authorities (original and photocopy).

If seaman, Master’s Report (original and photocopy).